F G Adamson & Son’s history began with Fred Adamson who started his business in 1945, on the site we still use today at Swanland.
Fred worked as an agricultural contractor and in time turned his hand to the fabrication of agricultural trailers and the repair of large buckets used at a local smelting works.
Fred’s entrepreneurial spirit identified a local market for the service and repair of garden machinery and this soon became a big part of his business which in turn lead to him selling new machinery too.
When he left school in 1962, Mike, Fred’s eldest son joined his father in the business. In 1967 Mike became a partner in the business and F G Adamson & Son was born. Several of the main garden machinery manufacturers of the day were keen to have F G Adamson & Son as a dealer and the business was soon expanding.