Groundscare Service Technician | Langworth, Lincolnshire
Due to expansion we have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Groundscare Service Technician to join our busy team at our Langworth, Lincoln, depot.
Working with leading Turf machinery brands, such as John Deere, Honda & Stihl, the successful candidate will have proven experience in performing diagnostics, service and repairs on horticultural equipment. The successful candidate, whilst undertaking service and repair work, will also be required to supervise and mentor other Technicians. The successful candidate must have a strong commitment to outstanding customer service, have good communication skills and be able to work under pressure.
In return we offer a competitive salary. A full training package will be implemented and maintained to ensure product familiarisation and technical updates, both in house and via manufacturer training. Manufacturer training will include that provided via John Deere and will enable access and development through the industry based LTA Accreditation Scheme.
- Perform diagnostics, service and repairs on horticultural equipment
- Undertake the pre-delivery set-up & inspection of new and used equipment
- Supervise and mentor other Technicians so as to ensure an efficient and smooth flow of work through the Service Department
- Complete administration tasks for work assignments (including time sheets, job cards, warranty paperwork etc)
- Ensure the Workshop is kept clean and tidy at all times
- Follow all safety rules & regulations when working
- Participate in required training programmes for the development of skills & knowledge
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years’ experience performing service, repairs and maintenance on horticultural equipment
- Ability to use equipment used for diagnostic purposes - this will include computer-based packages
- Organised and methodical approach
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work alone on own initiative, whilst also in a team environment
- Ability to work extended hours, including Saturday mornings on a rota basis
- Good customer relationship skills
Salary: £25,000.00 - £33,000.00 per year
To apply, email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
F G Adamson and Son is a major supplier of garden machinery and professional groundscare equipment in Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Established in 1945 we are main dealers of many leading brands including John Deere, Stihl, Honda, Hayter, Mountfield, Husqvarna and more. We supply and support, through service and repair, a comprehensive range of groundscare equipment, including compact tractors, utility vehicles and commercial mowing equipment, through to domestic lawnmowers, robotic mowers, chainsaws, hedge-trimmers and strimmers.
Our customers include private domestic homeowners, contractors, golf courses, private estates, local authorities and holiday parks. We employ over 40 staff across our two sites in Swanland, East Yorkshire and Langworth, Lincolnshire.
Posted: 04 March 2022